Thursday 22 May 2008

More marching and a disaster in Moscow





Just a short note and yet more pictures of marching – you are probably as fed up with these as I am! This was national day last Tuesday – an excuse for lots more fascist marching – army, police, political parties and schools – so I just snapped some of the school kids to give you a flavour of the scene. The march lasts around 4 hours, I stayed for all of it last year, this year I lasted an hour – time to go I think!

Of course the main event this week had nothing to do with Cameroon – it was the sad demise of Chelsea in the Champions League final. Like most CFC fans I suspect, I was very pleased with the team’s performance, but we just ran out of luck. As I write this I am still nursing a hangover, great game, wrong result!

No comments: