Sunday 30 March 2008

Strangers in Paradise





Hi

Just a short note to prove that Chris and Claire arrived ok, and we made it to the beach and Botanical gardens at Limbe – as you can see from the picture they might usefully pick up a tan while here.

Apart from the pleasure of seeing me, the main attraction of course is the birdlife, so after a couple of days in Douala and Limbe, I dropped them at the foot of Mount Cameroon, where they still are, on a 5 day nature trek. Rather them then me, I have distinctly bad memories of that particular lump of rock, just looking at it gave me the shivers!

Rioting has died down, lots of muttering about the government, Biya has promised salary rises and price cuts – whether or not this will be enough to save him we will see.

Fuller update in a couple of weeks, when I hope to report back on the rest of their visit, plus the next branch implementation, which will be in the town of Mutenguene, our newest branch, very small number of customers so far, so I hope to complete that in a week at most.

Anyway, that’s all for now – Chris and Claire due here in a few days, assuming they get off the hill, so maybe next time I will have some pics of Cameroonian wildlife as well.

Cheers

PS – these palms and ferns are gi-normous!

No comments: