Thursday 13 March 2008

Marching for the RIC women


Last Saturday, as I am sure you know, was International Womens Day. The RIC women asked me to march with them, which to be honest at first I thought was a set up, especially as it involved getting a special jacket made from this years specially printed cloth! IWD is az big thing here, so after assurances that there would be plenty of other guys expressing solidaity I agreed.

Well, on the day there was ONE other bloke, and to just make sure everyone saw me I was dulty elected to lead our team, carrying the Cameroon national flag. This I did, and fairly strutted my stuff - its amazing, I have not marched with a flag since I was a Boy Scout - but it all came back and I fairly pounded along, to great cheers from all the assembled throng!

It was not a set up, so I took great pleasure in doing this, and have already been told that I must lead the RIC delegation on May Day, so I must have been all right! Sorry about picture quality btw, but obviously I did not take this one. The group of RIC women at the top of the page is clearer I hope. thats it for now, I am in my last 100 working days, so the dowhill slope is in sight!
cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.