Thursday 13 December 2007

Born House for Esme




Pictures from yet another celebration – they do like a good party here – this time to celebrate the fact that that I have become a grandfather!

Its called a “Born House” and the idea is that all your friends come to your house (in my case the local bar was substituted) and you give them drinks and food. Two of my colleagues volunteered to do the cooking, I just put up the money – which was not much, as there is a social fund in operation that everyone contributes too, which subsidies events like this - so we had a grand spread – that’s fou fou corn (the white stuff) and ndole (the brown stuff) – both of which are delicious albeit presentationally poor! The other great delicacy is the (whole) gizzard of a chicken which as the “big man” in this case I should have eaten – luckily they know I am vegetarian so did not pursue the point.

The other pictures - me and Mr Tata having a beer, and me with the very tasteful picture I was presented with to honour the occasion – I am sure Esme will be happy to display this in her bedroom! There is also a traditional child’s outfit being made, which I will get later.

Hope the Xmas season not proving too stressful, a bientot!

No comments: