Sunday 30 December 2007

Another year passes......

Hi

So the year ends and another beckons – and I only have around 7 months to go, amazing really how time seems to have speeded up recently!

Project wise things continue to go well, I now have all 3 branches in Bafoussam in parallel run mode, and hope that by the end of January we will go fully live. There is a little reluctance to do away with the manual system – it’s a comfort blanket thing, RIC have been using the cardboard account cards since the very beginning and to file them away for ever is a big leap of faith I guess. Once we take that step then its full steam ahead to implement the system in the remaining 5 branches which are spread around West Cameroon.

Xmas was really nice as I had a couple of VSO colleagues staying at my place over the period. We managed to generate (and consume) a fair bit of festive spirit – and I stayed healthy this time, as opposed to last year when you may recall I was ill all over the holidays – so I suppose my system is now fully acclimatised to the vagaries of Cameroon cuisine.

New Year will be celebrated with an end of year party at work, then probably a quiet whisky on my “terrace” to bring 2008 in – I will be thinking about home I’m sure, as I am getting a little bit homesick now - combination of the time of year plus the end is in sight – but hey ho, lots still to do, lots of Cameroon still to see – the Far North for example – so onwards and upwards!

Wherever you are, hope 2008 goes well for you!

No comments: